DIY projects using vinyl | How About Orange

April 18, 2012

DIY projects using vinyl

Vinyl is fun—you gotta love edges that don't fray! I'm pondering a couple projects, and in the meantime Googled to see what other people have been up to. If you're into synthetics, check out these tutorials explaining how to make your own vinyl goodies.

Drawstring coin purse at Between the Lines (use leather or vinyl)
Bowls made from vinyl records by Skulls and Ponies
Vintage vinyl record dessert stand from Bubby and Bean
Vinyl DIY handbag straps by Emmaline Bags
Braided cuff bracelet at The Craft Patch
Zippered clutch from Until Wednesday Calls
Chuck Taylor vinyl pouch by Gerbera Designs
Patent "leather" vinyl tote at Sew For Home

16 comments:

RevAnne said...

I'm not much for vinyl, but I do have a fair bit of leather left from another project. Thanks for posting!

Jessica Jones said...

That'll work!

Grandma G said...

Can't wait to see what YOU make!

Mum

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

You rock! Thanks so much for including our vinyl record dessert stand! Major fan of your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

How do you use the purse? It seems me so unpractical...

anaveltia said...

there is one tutorial missing? i love the clutches but i dont seem to find the tutorial

Jessica Jones said...

Oops! I forgot one! I added the clutch to the list.

Les Pois said...

lovely!!!

Blue said...

This is so timely - I just picked up Fabric by fabric one yard wonders by Rebecca Yaker and my favorite project is the vinyl bag! You should check it out (have have your mum make it for you...)

Grandma G said...

I heard that, Blue!!

Janelle @ Emmaline Bags said...

Thank you for including my Vinyl Handbag Straps tutorial! I love your blog.
Janelle
emmalinebags.com

Blue said...

But Grandma G, you're such a good seamstress! Not that I'm much with a sewing machine, but it sure looks like a lot less work than that Amy Butler bag you made a while back...

Grandma G said...

Well, thank you, Blue! And ANYTHING would be less work than that Weekender bag! :) But shhhh... Jess is "pondering" projects for herself (I assume!), so let's see what she comes up with! ;)

Bloomsandbugs said...

This is a great list. Pinning it.

Evelisa (NY) said...

Very cool. My favorite has to be the records as a cookie holder (I think that's what is called). :)

Melissa said...

Wow! Thanks so much or including my vinyl clutches! I am in love with the Chuck Taylor pouch!